The Stuart House is within easy walking distance of the sea, award winning beaches, town and other attractions offered by the popular seaside town of Scarborough.
Situated on the east coast, Scarborough has always been a popular holiday destination. Families particularly enjoy the variety of attractions offered by the resort.
- Visit the historic castle that stands high on the cliff and enjoy the panoramic views.
- Oliver's Mount is the venue for motor cycle racing at various times throughout the year and fabulous views can be enjoyed from the viewing point.
- Located in the north bay area is the fantastic Sea Life Centre which provides interest for people of all ages.
- Take a look at the film location for the popular TV series, 'The Royal'.
- The newly refurbished Spa and the Futurist venues, offer all year entertainment.
- The recently opened outdoor theatre is already attracting a variety of renowned artists.
- There is also 'Playzone' and Peasholme Park for more family enjoyment.
- For those who enjoy walking, there is The Cleveland Way and many other great walks.
- Cycling, surfing and sailing are just some of the sports enjoyed by people in this resort.
- There are 2 fabulous golf courses in Scarborough as well as other courses at nearby Filey, Flamborough Head, Bridlington and Whitby.
Other nearby places to visit include:
- Whitby, famous for Dracula, James Cook's 'Endeavour' and the 199 steps to the impressive Abbey.
- Flamingo land is close enough for a family day out.
- North Yorkshire Moors with its picturesque villages and steam railway runnin through 'Hearbeat' territory.
- Flamborough Head with the impressive lighthouse.
- The coastal resorts of Filey and Bridlington.
- Bempton Cliffs with the RSPB centre.
Further afield are:
- The cities of York and Hull with 'The Deep' being a popular attraction.
- Dalby forest with the 'Go Ape' Centre
- Castle Howard.
There are plenty of leaflets available with information about these attractions and the owners are only too willing to help you plan your days out.
Visit the Official Yorkshire Moors and Coast Tourism and Travel website for attractions, events, eating out and what's on across most of North Yorkshire.