Access Statement for The Stuart House
We are a family run guest house based over five floors. We are situated on the North Bay with magnificent views. We provide Bed & Breakfast to all of our guests. For groups we will also provide half or full board. We have a premises license. Our guest house is accessed over a threshold strip. We have no steps into the building. Our guest lounge is on the ground floor and also one en suite four poster sea view bedroom. The dinning room and bar area are down 13 steps with handrail. The fire exit from the dinning room has one step out onto the back street. All other rooms are on the first, second and third floors. We can accommodate up to 51 people, 47 in separate beds.
• We have two web sites available, thestuarthousehotel.co.uk and thestuarthousehotel.com.
• You can book with us via e mail, phone or in writing. We require a £20 deposit per room by credit or debit card. We do not accept American Express.
• We are a quick five minute or a slow ten minute walk to the town centre and South Bay. Parking is available in the town in two multi- storeys or the car park on North Street.
• Taxis can be booked at the train or bus station and should cost around £4.
• We can pre book a taxi from our guest house.
• The nearest shop-mobility is called Active Mobility Centre on 01723 355122.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Car parking is on road and we can provide permits, these cost £1.50 and are valid for four days
• A public car park is five minutes walk away and is a pay and display.
• There are parking bays for guests with a disability, but are not bookable.
• Taxis can drop off guests outside of the guest house. There is a step up onto the foot path before a 10m (30 foot) flat walk on tarmac to our entrance. Where there is a threshold step.
• Outside our property has a sign stating our name, address and telephone number.
• On arrival the door will be quickly answered after the ringing of the external bell.
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
• The entrance into the building is flat apart from a three quarters of an inch threshold step. There are two doors into the building although the outside door is normally open during day time. The door way is 80cm wide. This opens out into a hall way of 1.3m. The guest lounge is on the left as enter the building. One staircase is off to the left and an entrance to the right that leads to a further staircase upstairs and one downstairs to the dinning room. Also to the right just before the stairs is an alcove 1.8m sq, with access to a ground floor en suite sea view four poster room.
• A guest lounge.
• All lighting is low energy bulbs.
• On arrival guests will be provided with parking permits if required, helped to fill in registration card and explained breakfast times, where facilities are and what to do if any help is required.
• We have two keys per room but normally offer just one, unless requested.
• Guests can sit in the lounge on arrival, or can go straight to their room if it is available.
• We state that rooms will be available from 2pm but if they are ready before guests may accommodate them.
• There is a copy of the guest house's rules and regulations in the reception and in each room.
• We are a totally non smoking establishment.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
• We have five floors including the lower ground where the dinning room, bar and kitchen are located. This is approached through a shatter proof glass door and 13 steps with wooden handrail.
• On the ground floor are the entrance, guest lounge, and one guest bedroom. The first, second and third floors are all guest bedrooms.
• Two staircases lead from the ground floor to the third floor. Both have wooden hand rails.
• All stairs and landings, bedrooms and public areas are carpeted. All bathrooms have cushion flooring.
• All lighting is low energy bulbs. In all bathrooms strip lights are available over the mirrors.
• Each floor is reached through a fire door which contains one window of shatter proof glass.
• Each floor from the First up is separated by a fire door in the middle.
• The bedroom doors are fire doors with self closers on all. Only guest bedrooms are locked.
• There is a public toilet available through the bar with a 2inch step down into it.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
• The reception area has a service bell to call for assistance.
• The guest lounge is approached from the reception area on the ground floor. It has low energy ceiling light. The doorway into it has two panes of shatter proof glass.
• The bar and dinning room are through a shatter proof glass door off of the reception area and down 13 steps with wooden hand rail.
• The public toilet is located in the bar area, downstairs from the reception. It has a further 2 inch step down. The flooring is ceramic tiled. The door opens in towards. The room is 1.2m wide by 4.5m long.
• There is a washbasin and a toilet 16inches high.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area, Take Away & Cafe
• The lighting in the bar and dinning room consists of three 5foot strip lights and seven wall lights on low energy bulbs.
• The room is fully carpeted.
• The seats are 16inches high. All are fully backed with no arms. The tables are movable and 750mm high.
• All menus are printed and laminated in approximately 16 and Times New Roman lettering.
• Owners are available at all times during breakfast to offer help and support.
• Vegetarians and special dietary requirement can be catered for on request.
• We can provide breakfast in our ground floor room for people with a disability.
• We are a totally Non Smoking establishment.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
• Our ground floor room is suitable for wheel chair users. The door way is 735mm wide. The room has a four poster bed and approx 15foot sq. The bathroom is approx 6x8ft. This is not suitable for severely disabled people. The toilet is a basic 16inch high, the shower cubical is raised 6inches but a seat can be made available. The sink is 800mm high.
• The room has a TV and digi box operated by remote control.
• The fire alarm system operates on an alarm bell only. For hard of hearing guests we would manually alert them with the use of our master keys.
• Kettles are all cordless with viewing sight levels and are available in all rooms along with coffee and tea making facilities.
• For our disabled guests not able to use the stairs we do offer room service at breakfast time.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
• All our rooms are en suite apart from one single which has its own private bathroom.
• There are two main escape routes by two staircases bringing guests to ground level and exiting via the front door on a flat tarmac surface, or if necessary through the owners accommodation which brings us out onto Castle Road via 10 steps.
• If guests are downstairs in the dinning room there is a fire exit onto Castle Road with one up step, or through the dinning room following the emergency signs along the passage to the exterior fire door leading up 12/13 stone steps onto Rutland Terrace.
Address: The Stuart House
1/2 Rutland Terrace
Telephone: 01723 373768
· New carpet in 2 & 9
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01723373768 or email firstname.lastname@example.org